Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 36 July 27 - Aug 2, 2009

Week 36 -- July 27 - Aug 2, 2009

Saturday Aug 1

Garage Sale (or should I say Garbage Sale) this morning. It was the first garage sale Joe and I had ever done! Throughout the years, we had accumulated a lot of "junk" (Joe is a pack rat and getting him to throw away stuff is just like pulling teeth!) With my mom coming next wednesday and baby bethany making her grand appearance in about three weeks' time, we agreed that it is time to "clean house" or de-clutter.

We spent most of friday night getting items out of our storage room and basement and pricing them! Saturday am, Joe got up super early (6am) to get the garage sale ready. By 7am, when Joe was setting up the garage sale on our driveway, a lady came by and asked us what we had! I have no idea that people start so early in the mornings!

It was a successful garage sale (we started at 7am and finished at 11:15am) and we made about $160. All the stuff that were unsold at the end of the day, we simply left them in a box at the end of the driveway, marked "free to go"!

Sunday Aug 2

We went to the 9am mass (as my pregnancy is nearing to the end, I find that going to mass is getting harder and harder. First, the chair is not comfortable. Second, the highschool gym is super stuffy!) I told Joe that this would probably be the last sunday's mass I will be able to go until baby bethany is born.

We went for breakfast after mass. With the baby sitting right next to my rib cage, downing a big meal no longer sit very well with my stomach. For the first time in my life, I ordered off the kids' menu! I had kid's size french toast with strawberry syrup and a glass of kid's size milk, and a decaf coffee! For the first time in many months, I was able to finish my plate! :-)

No comments: