Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 38 -- August 10 - 16, 2009

Week 38 -- August 10 - 16, 2009

Monday Aug 10

Woke up at 6:15am when Joe's alarm clock went off! Went to bed early last night as the evening progressed, my feet seemed to get swollen by the hour. At the end, my feet was just a sight for sore eyes so I decided to go to bed and call it a night.

Joe and I went to a cloth diapering one-on-one consultation yesteday afternoon. Early on during the pregnancy, Joe and I did not really talk about cloth diapering. We just assumed that we would go with disposable diapers. Therefore, we had two costco-size Huggies Size 1 diapers. One huge bag of Pampers Size 1 diapers and two bags of New Born diapers.

When I was 32 weeks, one night while we were sitting down for dinner, like any other normal evening, Joe said, "Why don't we try cloth diapering?" His comment totally struck me by surprise. Joe is into recycling and stuff, but cloth diapering? C'mon... for some reasons, I can't connect Joe and cloth diapers as one image. Being the queen of Google, I googled about cloth diapering and were flooded with loads of information out there. I also spent some time chatting with other expectant moms or new moms who are planning to cloth diaper or are already cloth diapering thier babies, and got a feel on this new terrritory. After spending about three weeks reading up on cloth diapering and chatting with other moms, I was convinced that cloth diapering is a good thing.

I went to an one-on-one consultation three weeks ago, and got all the basic information. Yesterday, I scheduled yet another appointment as I wanted Joe to participate in the discussion and bring his knowledge on cloth diapering up to speed. There are different types of cloth diapers out there and what we got out of the consultation yesterday was to identify the type of cloth diapers we are most comfortable in and understand the time and $$$ involved in this project.




No comments: