Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 39 -- August 17, 2009

Week 39 -- August 17, 2009

Today is going to be a GREAT day in the Pang-Vautour Family! Today is going to be a milestone for both families as Joe and I are about to become first-time parents. My parents are about to become first-time grand-parents. My in-laws (Carl and Sandy) are about to become fifth-time grand-parents.

While everyone is waiting anxiously for the arrival of baby Bethany, I would like to take a moment to reflect on my pregnancy journey in the last 9 months.

1. We found out I was pregnant a few days before Christmas 2008. The news was the BEST christmas presents for Joe and myself.
2. We found out I was carrying a girl when I was about 20 weeks. The news brought tons of joy to Joe and myself. I always have a super strong bond with my mom, and by having a daughter, I would be able to experience this strong bond as a mom. A lot of people keep telling me that a daughter is the most comforting gift in a mother's heart.
3. Joe has been super patient with me all along! He has changed in the past 9 months. He has changed to become a better person, a better husband, a better soul-mate, and most important of all, a better daddy-to-be, and today, he will become a great daddy!
4. Our marriage has also strengthened in the past 9 months. Joe and I had weathered a few storms which came our way, and together, we stand united as husband and wife, that no one could shatter.
5. My parents have been very supportive and caring in the past 9 months. Being first-time grand-parents, dad had spent a considerable amount of time coming up with a chinese name for baby Bethany. Being half chinese, we feel that it is important for baby Bethany to have a chinese name so that she can carry on the chinese heritage in her blood. Mom had been super busy in the last little while, sewing all the beddings for Bethany. Mom had been giving me a lot of advice throughout this pregnancy, and I feel that my relationship with my mom had evolved to a new level that only a mother and an expectant mother could relate to.
6. My in-laws, Carl and Sandy. They have been, as always, very supportive. My relationship with my mother-in-law had grown in the past 9 months.

As I am just about to enter a new phase in my life-journey, I thank God for providing this wonderful opportunity for Joe and myself to become parents. I thank God for His love, support and guidance for the last 9 months!

From Drop Box

No comments: