Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 37 -- August 3 - 9, 2009

Week 37 -- August 3 - 9, 2009

Wednesday Aug 5

Doctor appointment this morning at 10:15am. Joe was supposed to meet me at the doctor's at 10am. At 9:30am, I cumbersome-ly walked to my car. At 9:35am, I noticed that my car would not start! At 9:45am, I told out my cell phone to call Joe, then noticed that my cell phone did not work either. At 9:50am, I was back at the house, calling Joe. At 10:10am, we were sitting at the doctor's office. At 10:30am, we were still waiting at the waiting room. At 10:45am, we were still waiting. At 11:00am, we were still waiting. At 11:15am, I was getting very impatient as the chairs were not comfry! At 11:25am, we were finally called into the examination room. At 11:27am, I noticed that I only put on 1lb since last visit (yay!). At 11:35am, my OB/GYN finally greeted us!

Turned out that the EVC procedure was not successful yesterday. Yesterday's ultrasound shows that the baby was still in breech. She had one leg over her face, and the other one is sitting low in my pelvic area. At some point during the pregnancy, most babies would be in breech position, but by 37 weeks, most babies have turned and are settled for a "head down" position. Only 3% of the babies will remain in breech positions. I guess baby bethany is in this 3% category and she truly is one of a kind. Since she is no longer in frank breech (both legs over the face), at this point, delivery via vaginal birth is no longer an option. Today during the appointment, the doctor discussed with us about a planned c-section which did not take us by surprise. She also explained to us the possible risks associate with c-section. In Canada, about 30% of the babies are delivered via c-section.

Our plan is that the baby will come out between 39 and 40 weeks. My expected due date is Aug 24, and the doctor is hoping to schedule the c-section in the week of Aug 17. As I get closer to the due date, the chance for me going into labour also increase accordingly. Therefore she does not want to wait till I am in 40 weeks for the c-section. Apparently, the month of August is a baby's month, and the OR in Civic Hospital is booked solid on Aug 17 (monday). So, at this point, I do not have a confirmed date of the c-section yet. Hopefully will get a call for the doctor's office tomorrow.

On a positive note, the baby was measured at 5lb 11oz yesterday at the ultrasound, and the amniotic fluid index was also within the normal range. Heart rate was between 138 to 145. My blood pressure was also normal!

From Drop Box



No comments: