Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bethany is a Mini-Louisa

Ever since Bethany is born, we have been taking pictures of her everyday, upload all the daily pictures to an on-line album and then forward them to friends and family.

When mom first saw Bethany at the hospital (45 minutes after she was born), mom told Joe that Bethany looks just like me. When dad and my two sisters saw Bethany's pictures, they made the same comment as well! A few nights ago, god-parents Barry and Annette stopped by for a visit, and Annette made similar comment! Even Joe's staff told Joe that Bethany looks just like me.

Unfortunately, all my baby pictures are stored safely in my bedroom in my parent's home in Vancouver, and I am not able to find the similarities between Bethany and when I was a baby. Anyway, dad is going to bring out some of my precious baby pictures in mid September. From what I have heard from friends and family so far...

1/ Bethany has my eye colors -- brown / black
2/ Bethany has my hair color -- black, and lots of hair! Well, believe it or not, I had a lot of heartburn during my first trimester! All those discomforts are totally worth it! :-)
3/ Bethany has my nose
4/ Bethany looks just like me in the area underneath the nose and above the lips
5/ Bethany has Joe's eyelashes -- this is one of the traits that I really wanted Bethany to get from Joe when I was pregnant!
6/ Bethany has Joe's ears -- the earlobes are not too small or too big. They are just perfect. As for ear-piercing, I have no plans to drill holes in my daughter's earlobes and she can decide for herself if she wants her ears pierced when she is 16 (yes 16 years old, not 6 years old!)
7/ Bethany has Joe's toes

Joe said that Bethany has his sister's lips. I had only met his sister twice in the last three years, and I do not quite remember how she looks, let alone her lips. So, at this point, I can't concur if Bethany has her auntie's lips.

From Drop Box

No comments: