Thursday, August 13, 2009

Week 38 -- August 10 - 16, 2009

Week 38 -- August 10 - 16, 2009

Wednesday Aug 12

Mom and I went for my "last" pre-natal appointment this morning. Heart rate of Baby Bethany 145 (so she must be a girl right?). She has not "dropped" yet! The doctor said that at this point, chances of Bethany be head down is highly unlikely, so me being under the knife on Monday Aug 17 is inevitable!

Mom and I then drove to the hospital from home so that she knows how to get to the hospital next week. We then went to Glebe Meat Market to get Greaves Jam! Mom loves Greaves Jam (our wedding favor was Greaves Jam and it was mom's idea... and it was a brillant idea as most of our guests love the wedding favor... some actually asked for seconds!) and we managed to find some at Glebe Meat Market.

We then went dim sum in Chinatown and did a bit of grocery shopping to make sure we have all the ingredients for the traditional chinese post-natal diet: ginger with vinegar! (yummy!).

It was Mom's birthday today so Joe and I planned to take Mom out for dinner. I made a reservation at Oggi Restaurant in Manitock (as mom loves italian food) and I asked the chef to prepare a slice of cake for my mom as birthday cake. All things were set to go!

I went for a nap at around 2pm... woke up with intense cramps at 4:38pm. Cramps and lower backpain lasted for 10 mins and it was gone. I was timing myself as I need to get to "5-1-1" before going to the hospital. "5-1-1" means, contractions are 5 minutes apart, each contraction lasts for a minute, and this pattern needs to continue for an hour. I had cramps the night before, and when I mentioned that to the doctor, she told me it is normal as my pregnancy is nearing the end. She told me that I would probably experience some cramps for the next few days! Well I DID! and it felt yucky!

We decided to cancel the dinner plan and stayed in for the evening just in case I had more cramps (and I did not!). Joe came home around 5:30pm and brought mom a nice bouquet of flowers (brownie points!). I felt bad about not being able to take mom out for dinner on her birthday. Mom told me that the purpose of her trip is to support Joe and myself and help out in looking after baby Bethany. Being able to celebrate her birthday is a bonus but not the main purpose of the trip! Anyway, we got her two birthday cards, one from Joe and me, the other one from her grand-daughters (baby bethany and bee bee), a bottle of Estee Lauder's Beautiful Perfume. After dinner, Joe went out and got mom a Dairy Queen's icecream cake! Though the day did not turn out the way I expected, we all had a great time. Mom was happy, I was happy and Joe won a lot of brownie points!

From Drop Box
From Drop Box

From Drop Box


From Drop Box

From Drop Box


No comments: