Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 26 -- Tuesday May 19 to Sunday May 24

Tuesday May 19

I hate short work weeks! I do not function well at all! I spent half a day on Tuesday, thinking it was Monday!!!

Wenesday May 20
My boss went in for surgery today. He will be off work for at least 6 weeks. I hope he will have a speedy recovery. In the meantime... I am dealing with tons of crap at work!!! I wonder why there are people out there who are super afraid to make decisions, prefer to delegate all the tasks to others and pretend to be busy. Isn't that more work to pretend to be busy at work rather than actually working?

Thursday May 21
Woke up with mild lower backpain (the right side only!) and aweful heartburn. I stayed home for the day, and ended up napping on the couch, with bee bee laying on my stomach. There is an old-wife's tale that if the mom has lots of hearburn during the pregnancy, the baby will have lots of hair! I wonder if there is any solid scientific proof to it!

Friday May 22
Dentist appointment in the afternoon! When I went in to get my teeth cleaned 2 months ago, I had a small cavity. The dentist urged me to go in and get the cavity filled while I am still in my second trimester. With only two more weeks left in T2, I had no choice but went in on friday to have the cavity filled. I HATE going to the dentist. Last time I went in, I almost passed out on the chair. The dentist even made a note on my chart! This time, I went in with Mr. Teddy Bear.... and I was less nervous! I managed to walk out of the dentist's office without shaking legs or a pale face!

Saturday May 23
Joe and I started a major landscaping projection today! We decided to open up the flower bed in the front lawn and moved some hostas planted along the side of the house to the flower bed. It was a half-day work but it was done by 3pm. Now we just need to get a truck of soil to fill the flower bed! As for the side of the house, there is a hairline crack and we are waiting for Joe's dad to come in July to fix it for us. Until then, we won't be able to plant anything in that area. Our plan is that once the crack is filled, we will plant tulips bulbs in the fall in that area!

Sunday May 24
Church in the morning as usual. After church we went to Kiddy Town on St. Lauent Blvd to look at strollers. We received a cheque from my in laws earlier this week as they want to contribute to the baby's first set of wheels.
We first had our eyes set on the Graco Quattro Tour Deluxe Travel System. After reading reveiws on the internet, I found that there are strollers out there with much better quality. My friend who had a baby girl last September had a Graco Stroller and the wheels are broken after 8 months of use! I also went on www.costco.ca site and some people who bought Graco strollers also commented that the front wheels break easy. I spent two days googling strollers and from what I read on the internet, I ruled out the Graco stroller! Two days ago, I found the stroller I absolutely LOVE:

Uppababy Vista 2009
Color: Denny (a.k.a. Red)

From Drop Box


Joe came home on Thursday and I told him that's what I want. I made him watch at least 10 different video clips on how the stroller folds and unfolds.... he was ok with it until I told him how much it costs! He was like," What? It costs about $900 with tax???? What's wrong with the Graco Stroller? It is under $300??????" I think he was only seconds from a heartattack!

I made him watch more video clips on the Uppababy. A few things about Uppa:
1. Single wheel instead of double wheels. Double wheels is a disaster when walking in the snow as the snow will build up between the two wheels, making pushing the stroller next to impossible (so Graco is out! Yay!)
2. It folds up nicely! It can be folded up with or without the seat, and it is not as clumsy as the Graco!
3. It comes with the bassinet so we don't need to spend $$$ on a rocking bassinet. We are planning on putting the baby in the bassinet for the first few weeks before moving her to the crib in the nursery.
4. It is modern and light!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

So sunday afternoon, after church, we went to Kiddy Town to "test-drive" the uppababy vista! My feeling towads the Uppababy did not change... and I simply enjoyed pushing the stroller in the store! At last Joe said to me, "Hon, as long as this makes you happy... we are going to get this!" Awwww... isn't Joe nice? I can picture myself taking Bethany for walks in the park a lot!

No comments: