Sunday, May 3, 2009

Week 23 -- April 27 - May 3, 2009

Week 23 -- April 27 - May 3, 2009

Monday April 27
What a busy day at work! Three more months... I will be off on maternity leave. It has been a habit of mine that I dread going to work on Mondays,not sure how well I will adjust when I stay home with baby B and Bee Bee while Joe goes to work.

Tuesday April 28
Today I was MAD. Every fourth Tuesday of the month, Joe attends the executive meeting of the Knights. I support Joe 125% on his involvement with the Knights (well but not so much with the Scouts, not sure why, but I am never fond of the Scouts!) and I have no problem that he attends two meetings every month, one is the General meeting and the other one is the Executive meeting. What I was mad about is that just before he was about to take off, he asked me if it was ok for him to behind after the meeting to watch hockey game with the boys at Kevin's house. Now, this made me mad, really mad. Ever since I am pregnant, I have made changes or sacrafices in my life for the coming of our child. What has Joe done? I told him to cut back on his meetings with the Scouts and Knights. Well, he resigned as the Venture's leader but heck he has become the Commissioner of the 25th Nepean. This translates to no more camping but more meetings. He has not cut back on his involvement with the Knights as I told him not to resign or anything. I was hoping that he will cut back on Scouts' involvement and join again when things are less hectic. Anyway, from what I see, he has not really changed much. There are weeks that he will be gone every night for meetings. It seems that there is always a meeting that he HAS to go.
So I was so mad that I explained to him that I did not want him to stay for the hockey game after the meeting. He was like, "Well you are ready to pop yet right?" What kind of a question was that for a husband to ask the pregnant wife? I tried to reason with him, but from time to time, it is really impossible! I was so mad that I gave him an ultimatum that from now on, he is allowed to go to meetings but no more socializing with the boys. He should be spending more time at home with his wife instead of trying to find excuse to get out of the house every night!
After he left for the meeting... the question of moving back to Vancouver, once again, resurfaced! I have always wanted to move back home, closer to my parents. With the baby on the way, the urge of moving back home is even stronger. I just need to make sure that there are people Joe and I can count on if something happens to us.

Wednesday April 29
Ok I only got 2 RSVPs on my candle debut party! I sent out 10 invites and only got 2 RSVPs. I was really disappointed and discouraged.

Thursday April 30
A second candle party is in the works! Hopefully this will be a better turnout and I can get people to book a show from my show!

Friday May 1
Happy Friday! I love Fridays! Joe and I had a showing of my rental apartment and hopefully we will find the tenant soon.
After the viewing, we went to LAGO for dinner. LAGO is the new restaurant right by Dow's Lake. We have been meaning to go for a long time, and tonight was the night!
They had 2 for 1 appetizers and $5 cocktails. We ordered two appetizers to share, and I had a Virgin Strawberry Margarita while Joe had a Strawberry Daiquiri! The main courses took forever to come, and while we were waiting, I became so ill that we had to tell the serve the bag our dinners and we left! Lesson learned: It is best that preggo has early dinner than late dinner.

Saturday May 2
Debut Candle Party! Though there were only three guests... we had a great time! My show sales was about $300!
In an effort to celebrate the success of my debut candle party, I put together a quite impressive meal for Joe and myself! For sure this meal was much better than what we had Friday night!
Marinated Veal Chops
Asparagus cooked in butter and balsmic vinegar

From Drop Box

Sunday May 3
I woke up not feeling too well this morning. Though I went to bed early last night, I did no sleep very well. With the ever-growing tummy, sleeping has become a challenge. I often wake up with a numb arm or back pain.
We had to cancel the CPR for Baby course and the spring BBQ with other expecting parents in our meetup group! Gosh... I was so looking forward for this event and I felt bad that we were not able to go!

... I have been wondering if I should make my blog public again!!! Not that the water is under the bridge, and I seriously do not think that the troublemakers will pay any interest in my blog again!


No comments: