Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 24 -- Friday May 8 to Sunday May 10

Week 24 -- Friday May 8

Second Gold Canyon Candle Party tonight. Marie-Eve bought a friend over. The three of us ended up chatting about tons of things other candles. We talked about house hunting, fashion, gym, massage, and of course boys... It was a fun night!

Saturday May 9
I went for a hair cut on the morning. I dropped off a Gold Canyon Candle catalogue and a tealight for my hair-dresser. Direct selling is all about networking. I was hoping that her clients will be interested in the candles and I will have more party sales! :-)

Joe was out half a day delivering mother's day flowers for church. He asked me if I wanted a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day, and I told him no. I am not technically a mother yet... and I am not a big fan of flowers. Joe came home around 3pm with two dozens of long stem roses! Gosh what a surprise! Joe always like to buy me flowers and he will not miss any opportunity or occasion of buying me flowers. Flowers are lovely... from Costco!
From Drop Box

Sunday May 10
Happy Mother's Day! This Mother's day has different meanings to me:
1. Happy Mother's Day to my mom... a talented and gifted woman. She gave me a fairy tale wedding last year. This year, she is going to make her first grand-daugther a princess!
2. Happy Mother's Day to my mother in law, Sandy. My relationship with Sandy has strengthened throughout time. Joe and I are very looking forward to their visit in July! Joe will have some father-and-son bonding time with his dad when they are building the deck together!
3. Happy mother's day to me! Being a mom-to-be, I am excited about the idea that by this day of next year, other than Bee Bee, I will have a daughter who will be calling me "Mom Mom"!

From Drop Box


Joe suggested going out for brunch, but I did not wait to end up spending an hour or so waiting to be seated as Mother's Day is the one day of the year that all restaurants are packed. We stayed in and Joe make lovely french toast!

From Drop Box


After breakfast, as usual, we went for the 10am mass at S.E.A.S. After that we went to Tip Top Tailor as Joe needed to rent a tux for his Knights of Columbus's 4th Degree ceremony in June.
Sunday was a pretty relaxing day for us. Afterall, I am 24 weeks pregnant, and "shop till I drop" does not apply to me anymore. I took it easy for the rest of the day, and had an afternoon catnap. For dinner, we had Better Than Butter Chicken (recipe from ESBM)!
From Drop Box





No comments: