Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Friday!

The Medela Pump in Style is truly amazing! Yesterday, after the 8:30am feeding, I was able to hop out and run a few errands (getting pampers and new towels at Walmart, mailing a parcel for my SMF (Secret Mom Friend @ Weddingbells.ca) and doing grocery shopping) and I got home around 10:45am. Began pumping at 10:50am and was done by 11:15am. Bethany's feeding time was 11:30am! This spells F.R.E.E.D.O.M. loud and clear!

Last night, I did the 3am feeding single-handedly! Mom was too exhausted as she has been helping out with the day feedings, and night feedings except the 5:30am. Joe usually does the 5:30am feeding as I told him that he needs to get enough sleep so that he won't be sleeping at his job. I woke up at 2:30am, finished pumping at 2:50am. Woke up Bethany at 2:52am, changed her diaper at 2:55am. Began feeding at 3am, finished feeding and burping at 3:25am. Put her back in her bassinet at 3:30am. So it took about an hour for me from start to finish... not bad at all! :-) Last week, with the single breast pump, I would have never imagined I could be able to get all this done in an hour!

Joe did the 6am feeding... but he did not do the diaper change. I find that men, sometimes, are not as thorough as women, when it comes to diaper change. I like to take my time, make sure Bethany's bum is clean, put on Bum Bum Balm by Dimpleskins, and then put the diaper on her. Joe does not use Bum Bum Balm and I got really mad as Bethany has a bit of diaper rash, and the doctor "ordered" us to use diaper cream during each diaper change.

No comments: