Monday, September 28, 2009

Bath Time

Now that I am 6 weeks post partum and my rhino feet have gradually diminished, and my tummy is not as sore and tender as before. I gave Bethany a bath this morning, while mom was beside me, watching, teaching and supervising.

I find that washing Bethany's hair, by far, is the most difficult part. I need to balance her on my lap, and cover her ears with my thumb and pinky finger so that water won't go into her ears. Amazingly, she did not cry one tiny bit. I think she enjoys her bath time!

The nusre at the hospital advised to give Bethany a bath every other day, and during the off days, I usually wash her face, wash her bum (she has diaper rash, and the only way to help cure it other than Zinc Oxide, is the keep her bum bum clean), wash her hands and feet, and give her a new change of clothes.

Practice makes perfect! I am sure I will master in this category in no time.

No comments: