Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 36 -- July 27 - Aug 3, 2009

Week 36 July 27 - Aug 3, 2009

Monday July 27

My nesting instincts have finally kicked in! I did three loads of laundry and cooked a pot of chili. Knowing that there is a possibility I might be giving birth this week... I just need to get things done in the house.

Tuesday July 28

Ultrasound appointment at 9:15am. I was so relieved to find out that the amniotic fluid level was higher than last week. A normal AFI (amniotic fluid index) is 12. A range between 8 - 15 is considered normal. However, the baby is still in breech which means the aversion procedure is inevitable. On my way home, I managed to make a quick stop to mail off the thank you cards for all the lovely ladies who came to my baby shower last saturday, and I also managed to get a b-day present for my mom!
When I got home, there was a message from Civic Hospital on our answering machine. My aversion appointment has been moved from July 30 to Aug 4 as the attending physician will not be available on July 30 to do the procedure. This actually works out better for Joe and I. At least, we can enjoy the upcoming long weekend (our last long weekend as a couple... the next one, Labour day long weekend, we will have Baby Bethany with us! :-) )!
Another great news is that the Uppababy Vista stroller has FINALLY arrived! Joe and I had so much trouble getting it! We placed the order in late May, and the stroller was supposed to arrive last week. Last saturday, I got a call from the store saying that the shipment did arrive, but my stroller was not in the shipment! This almost gave me a heart-attack. Last sunday, I spent two hours on the phone, trying to locate a Uppababy in Red (red is a popular color and the only store that carries Uppababy in Ottawa does not have red in stock and they do not know when they will be getting the next shipment!). I ended up calling Tummies & Tots in London, ON. I lucked out as they have three red strollers in stock and they were able to ship out the stroller yesterday (monday) and I received it today! :-) Who would have imagined that buying a $900 worth of stroller will be such a pain? At the end of the day, when I saw the stroller sitting in the living room... I told Joe that all the hassles we went through were nothing at all! :-)


From Drop Box


No comments: