Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week 34 - Wednesday July 15, 2009

Week 34 -- Wednesday July 15

Today, I decided to make cupcakes. Though cupcakes are so easy to make, I had never made them in my life!

With the baby shower only 1.5 weeks away, I thought it is time to do a trial run. If they don't turn out the way I expected, I could always do a home made cheesecake (secret receipe from my mom, and this receipe will one day pass onto my daugther Bethany!)

Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk

preheat over to 375 and line a cupcake tin (a.k.a. muffin pan) with wrappers.

beat butter and sugar together until fluffy (I am so glad that we invested in a Kitchen Aid Standmix last year!). Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.

fill cupcake holders about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Allow to cool before frosting.

Frosting
6 tbsp unsalted butter
4oz cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

cream the butter and cream cheese together, then gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Piee onto cooled cupcakes.




From Drop Box

From Drop Box


No comments: