Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4 1/2

Week 4 1/2 -- Thursday December 18, 2008

When I woke up this morning, I knew something was wrong. I think I had a vague idea of what it is... but there is one place I need to go to find out for sure.

On our way home tonight, we stopped by at Shoppers Drug Mart, and bought "the world's most sophiscated tool" for a woman to ___ on (well, at least that's what they said on the commerical)! It did not take long for me to confirm my supsicion.... when the double lines appeared in the small window!

The next thing I did... " Joe..... Joe.....you'd better come upstairs! I am in the bathroom!"


Week 4 1/2 -- Friday December 19, 2008

I woke up in cold sweat this morning. I had a few glasses of wine at the company's christmas party two fridays ago... Gosh! I was cursing myself while I was brushing my teeth. "What was I thinking at the christmas party! If I knew I was pregnant, I would have stayed away from alcohol!"

Mental note to myself: CODE RED to-do-task once arrive at the office: call the doctor!

1/2 hour late, I got myself an appointment with my family doctor on Dec 23, 2008.

When we got home from work, Joe looked upset. I was like, "I am pregnant... why are you upset?" Apparently, Joe got his christmas present from him mom in the mail last night. When he unwrapped the brown shipping paper, he noticed that the gift was addressed as "To My Son.".

Joe was furious when he found out about it. Just that the night before, we were both surprised and overwhelmed with the "BFP" good news, and he sort of put his anger aside. Joe asked if I was upset. He was going to call his mom and confront her. I stoped him. Honestly, I was not upset at all. Not even one tiny bit! I knew along this would happen.

Joe's mom and I do not and will never see things eye to eye. I am very certain that our paths will never cross. Things she said in the past caused a lot of un-necessary tension between Joe and me. This has left me with a lot of ill feelings. To this date, I can't forget or forgive that she asked Joe not to marry me, even after Joe had proposed. Fortunately, Joe is a strong and reasonable man. He is always on my side and he understands my reasonings and he supports my decision. Tha't why I love my husband.

Enough of the negatvities... let's move back to the happy news.... AFTERALL, I AM PREGNANT!



Week 4 1/2 -- Saturday December 20, 2008

I dragged Joe to Indigo Books in Barrhaven this morning. I got myself a copy of "What to Expect When Expecting" and Joe got himself a copy of "Expectant Father".

OK... time to read up on all information about pregnancy and babies!







No comments: