Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 12


Week 12 -- February 9 - 15, 2009

Monday February 9
I am going home on Sunday... YIPEE!

Tuesday February 10
It was a big mistake to schedule vendor meeting with sensory evaluation at 7:30am! I was "trapped" in the office's test kitchen, and the vendor was cooking pork cutlet, meatballs and sausages. For the first 10 minutes, I was doing ok. Then, things went downhill fast! The smell started to get to me, and within minutes, I headed to the ladies' room (lucky enough it is just right across from the kitchen!), the thought of staying in the ladies' room till the taste test was over had crossed my mind dozens of times.

Wednesday February 11
Today was a "Magical" day! I had my very first pregnancy ultrasound today!!! I went for IPS testing #1 which consists of an ultrasound (at 12 weeks) and a bloodwork.
At the beginning of the ultrasound, I saw shadows in the monitor, which do not resemble the shape of a baby. I looked at Joe and he was super quiet. I was confused...
so I said to the technician, "What exactly are we looking at here?" He replies, "Oh! We are looking at your placenta!" I then said, "Good! Coz' for a moment there, I thought I was looking at my baby!" (Later that day, Joe told me that when I asked that question, he was thinking about Rachael in Friends, when she had her ultrasound, and that all she said was, "I can't see!". Joe was worried that I was going to be Rachael and the burst into tears just because I can't see the baby!)
After taking at least dozens of pictures of the placenta, the technician progessed to the baby! And yes, I saw it! There she was (or he was!), with little hands, little legs and head! That was a magical moment! Then I heard someone sobbing... Joe! He is the emotional one between the two of us!
After numerous "ohhh" and "aww", we picked the best picture of our baby and ordered a print! The very first picture of our baby!!!! :-)

Joe announced the news to his family tonight. He was on the phone from 7am till midnight! I asked that he called his dad and Sandy first, as I really wanted them to be the first two people to find out the news! So, Joe e-mailed the ultrasound picture to his dad, and then called his dad and asked that he checked his e-mail. A few minutes later, my MIL, Sandy was screaming in the background," OMG! Is this true? Is this what I think it is?" I went to sleep early that night and I missed all the excitement!

Thursday Feb 12
More vendor meetings today.....

Friday Feb 13
Last day at work before my vacation!
Joe and I went to Pho Thai Fusion for our Valentine's Day Dinner.... We both love that place and it is close to home. Dinner was great, and the company was even better!

Saturday Feb 14
I went for a haircut this morning. I walked into the hair salon, and took off my jacket. My hairstylist looked at me and said, "Are you pregnant????" I went, "Will you believe me if I told you I have been eating a bit too much lately and that I have put on weight?" She laughed, "I am a mother of 4, do you really think that I do not know how to tell the difference between a fat woman and a pregnant one... anyway... CONGRATS!!!!!"

Joe and I went to the Ladies' Night, organized by St. Patricks Church. This was our second year attending this event. It was fun night! At the end of the night, we asked Barry and Annette to be the godparents of our baby.

One thing to mention... our friend Annette is so sweet and she has offered to throw me a baby shower! She knows my family is in Vancouver, and Joe and I are pretty much alone in Ottawa, and she wants to make sure I have all the support I need during the pregnancy! She is a sweetie pie and I truly adore her! She calls me once a month to make sure I am doing ok. She became a grandmother a few months ago, and she has tons of information on pregnancy and infant. Her favourite phrase is, "If you have any questions... just call me anytime! I may not have the answers for you rightaway, but I will find out for you!" I love this woman!!!!

Sunday February 15
I woke up at 5am to finish packing.

After 9 hours of flight (Ottawa to Calgary, Calgary to Kelowna, and Kelowna to Vancouver)... I am finally HOME!

Working on my very first baby blanket, my goal is to have it done in a month, so that I can move onto the second blanket.

I wonder how many baby blankets a baby needs? I am making one, and Annette is going to make one as soon as we find out the gender of the baby! My mom is making beddings for the baby! I am sure our baby will be one spoiled baby!




No comments: