Thursday, February 12, 2009

Week 11

Week 11 -- February 2 - 8, 2009

Monday February 2
Joe's nephew was born with a brain tumor. As the kid grows, so does the size of the tumor. For whatever reasons, his pediatrician has decided not to surgically remove the tumor. He is going to a speech therapist as Joe and I suspect that the brain tumor is affect his language skills. Joe told me that the kid went to the children's hospital in Saint John for a consult a few weeks before Christmas.

Before I became pregnant, I was not too overly concerned about Joe's nephew. After all, I met him only twice and I do not really know him. Today, when I woke up, I could not stop thinking about brain tumor in babies. I goggled "brain tumor in children" and came up with thousand search results. I was only a nano-second away from a panic attack after reading the first search result. I could feel cold sweat creeping up my back. What if this brain tumor thing run in the family? What are the chances that my baby will have the same thing as Joe's nephew? OMG.... what am I going to do?

Throughout the day, I nagged and nagged Joe to find out from his sister the proper name of the brain tumor. I came to the realization that there was no point in panicking at this stage without even knowing the medical name of the brain tumor that Cody (Joe's nephew) has. So Joe called his sister at night, and asked about the name of the medical condition. Surprisingly, she can't remember the proper name. I wonder if this is even remotely possible!!!!

Huge Roadblock.... Action Plan: I will call Sandy, my mother-in-law, once Joe announces to his family that I am pregnant, to find out. Hopefully, I will be able to find out the information before my next OB / GYN appointment.

Thursday February 5
Sadly, I have come to the realization that none of my funky jeans fit anymore. I have accepted the fact that I will be wearing maternity pants from now on. Surprisingly, maternity pants are super comfy as there is no zipper or button. The sales associate at Thyme Maternity reassured me that the pants will carry me through the entire pregnancy. So, I guess as I become bigger, the pants will miraculously become bigger and wider? Is this even possible? I am skeptical!

Saturday Feb 6
Joe is off winter camping. Bee Bee and I are holding down the fort. Virginia and I went dim sum. I asked Virginia to be the godmother of the baby, and she said yes!!!! Yay! baby now has a godmother. Joe is going to ask our friend Barry to be the godfather.... not sure when Joe going to ask though!

Sunday Feb 7
I woke up without much energy. I could not help by wonder... where did the night go? Morning sickness is still bad, but manageable.
I msn-ed with Sandy this morning. I really wanted to tell her and Carl that I am pregnant! Long sigh.... this waiting game is killing me here. Ok... hang in there... two more weeks, Joe and I will be able to do the proper announcement.


No comments: