Sunday, February 22, 2009

Week 13

Week 13 -- February 16 - 22, 2009

* This week was spent in sunny Vancouver with Dad and Mom!

Monday Feb 16
Dad, Mom and I went Dim Sum this morning. Dim Sum in Vancouver is 100x better than that in Ottawa. After dim sum, we went to BabiesRus to look at nursery furniture.
At first, Joe and I had our eyes on the Storkcraft Crib and were planning to order through Walmart. After seeing the actual product at BabiesRus, I decided not to go with it as it is not made of solid wood and does not look one bit sturdy at all. Mom and I both like the Delta's Martinique Convertible Crib. I know this sounds crazy, but I kicked and pushed the crib around at the store to make sure it looks sturdy. I did attract quite a crowd at the store.
Babies can't talk. How would I know our baby will like the crib that we picked for him/her? Crib will be the very first piece of furniture introduced to the baby, and he/she will spend a lot of time in there. II can't help but wonder, if Joe and I pick the wrong crib, will this be a reflection of being bad parents?

Tuesday Feb 17
Mom and I went to Fabricana to look for fabrics. I am slowing but surely growing out of my pre-pregnancy clothes. Other than pants, I refuse to buy any clothes at the maternity stores. Not only are they pricey, they are ugly and non-flattening. As usual, mom came to my rescue. We spent at least two hours at the fabric store, and we walked out with 8 pieces of different fabric. Same as always, pre-pregnancy or during pregnancy stage, my clothes will be one of a kind, tailor made by my mom, with love!

Wednesday Feb 18
Today I woke up with a sore throat. Not so good! I hate sore throat, plus I know that I am not supposed to take any medications during pregnancy. So, I decided to fight it. By mid morning, the sore throat got worse. Mom made me ginseng soup to sooth the throat.

Mom and I went shopping at Oakridge. Shopping no longer means shopping for clothes and shoes for me... it means looking for baby clothes and all baby stuff. We bought a winter jacket for the baby! We also got a lot of ideas on the baby's nursery!

We lunched at White Spot, our favourite restaurant.

One thing to mention: I saw to Peg Perego Pilk P3 strollers and they look so cute, and less clumsy than the Graco ones.... I really want the Peg Perego stroller! Only if they come in pink!

Thursday Feb 19
Mom and I went to another fabric store this morning to look at fabrics for draperies in the house. The place was not busy but I felt a bit claustrophobic. Towards the end, not sure if my cold was surfacing or my morning sickness, I almost fainted. Mom was really worried and she drove me to our family doctor. The doctor did not give me any prescriptions. He suggested lots of water, tea with lemon and honey and lots of rest.

I stayed home for the rest of the day!

Friday Feb 20
Today was shopping for food day. By the time shopping was done... dad needed to give me a second suitcase just to fit all my food in it! :-)

Saturday Feb 21
Today was a leisure day since the following missions had been accomplished:
1. look for a sturdy crib
2. look for fabric for the crib bedding (mom is going to make all the crib bedding plus matching curtain for her very first grandchild!)
3. look for fabric for maternity clothes
4. shop for food

We went out for sushi for dinner... yummy food!

Sunday Feb 22
I woke up early this morning 6:30am! I spent half of the night coughing, and the other half of the night trying to breath through my mouth. Not sure if I will survive the 5 hours flight back to Ottawa. Last time I had a cold and I flew back to Ottawa, I ended up with a very bad case of ear infection, and was ordered by my boss to stay home for a week. Let's just hope that it will not happen this time!

This morning... mom and I will need to go out for one last bit of shopping... chinese pastries... for some reasons Joe LOVES chinese pastries

Today is the last day in T1.... I will officially be in T2 tomorrow! 1/3 of the pregnancy is almost over.... let's hope that the remaining 2/3 will be a smooth ride for me!

No comments: