Saturday, March 1, 2008

Wedding Rings




I know I have been a bit lazy in keeping the blog updated! Not that I have no updates, it is just that I have too many updates on a daily basis and it is hard to keep track. With the wedding less than 3 months away, Joe and I have both noticed that we still have tons of minor details to confirm.

We went to pick up our wedding bands at Mappins two weekends ago. The bands are 18K white gold. Joe's and mine are matching, very simple yet elegant.

Joe had also picked up his suit at Tip Top Tailors at the same time. We started shopping for Joe's suit since November, and had been numerous Tip Top Tailors. For those stores we had been to, we found that the sales associates are very pushy and they "forced" Joe into buying a more expensive suit, which does not really fit him at all. So, one day we decided to go to Place D' Orleans and we happed to strolled by Tip Top Tailors. Joe's initial reaction was, "Let's get out of here, I do not want to go to another Tip Top Tailors". Being the optimistic one among the two, I persuaded Joe to try in one more time and if it turns out just like the previous times, then we would go to Moores. So we walked with the store with a skeptical mind, surprisingly, we received first class service from a team of sales associated Not only did the sale associated helped Joe to pick out a suit that he likes and fits him perfectly, they also helped him to find the matching tie and hankie. Too bad that I did not bring my camera with me that day, or I would had taken a picture and posted it here! I did take a pic using Joe's cell phone (well, we all know how crappy the quality of the pic taken by the cell phone!), but it came out really blurry. While we were at the store, we also picked out the tie and hankie for the bestman and groomsman. The bestman is in Saint John, NB, and the groomsman is in Kingston, ON, so we asked them to bring a black suit (we have just found out the neither of them owns a black suit, so I guess they must be in a shopping frenzy mode now!) and we will provide the tie and handkie as a groomsmen's gift.

No comments: