Saturday, March 29, 2008

More Vendor Meetings ... is it ever going to end?

Today was another action-packed day!

10:00am - 11:05am Meeting with wedding decorator at Delta Hotel. We went over the details of the following:
1. backdrop decoration -- I supplied the fabric for the swag (Bou Claire had a close-out sales at Plac D' Orleans a month ago, and I bought tons (seriously tons) of organza fabric (at least 5 different shades of yellow) at $0.79 per meter! I have so much organza that I can make curtains for the entire house using all those fabric! Joe thinks I am way too obsessed with fabric.
2. head table decoration -- I need to go buy 11 meters of tulle (goldish yellow) for the swag, and I supplied the mini lights!
3. cake table decoration -- I supplied 6 feet of rose garland with lights ... another wedding shop's closeout sale. Got the rose garland with lights for $25 (regular price at Michaels $55) -- Am I a bargain shopper or what? :-)
4. signing table and gift table decoration -- I supplied a different shade of yellow organza and mini lights for both tables' decoration
5. candy buffet table -- why do people want a candy buffet table at the wedding reception? At first, I was not really planning on doing one. But then when I thought that I will be changing throughout the reception (I have 4 evening gowns!) while my guests are enjoying the the dinner courses that I spent months and months to decide and perfect... I might as well grab a few candies on my way to the change room, hoping that those candies will tie me over till 12am!

11:30am - 12:30pm Meeting with videographer at Starbucks in the Glebe
My favourite Starbucks in town! I had gotten a lot of "coffee on the house" at that Starbucks during my single life!
Meeting went well.... Shannon is very professional and accomodating. I gave my Joe tons of credits of finding Shannon!!!! We asked Shannon if she could incorporate some of our baby pictures, childhood pictures, and engagement pictures as a montage in the video. She is so easy going that she asked us to send her all the pictures! All my baby pictures are in my home (there is a need to clarify that my home = my parents' home = home in Vancouver!) and I will need to ask my mom to dig out all the baby pictures, scan them onto the computer and e-mail them to me!

No comments: