Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sheep and Hydrangeas




Sheep and Hydrangeas are the two things I really love. Though one can't really draw any connection between the two of them... both are the loves of my life!

I do not have a green thumb... everyone knows about that. Aloe Vera is a hardy plant, and I managed to kill it. A few years ago, I bought a rosemary plant which shapes like a christmas tree at Costco, and I religiously watered the plant everyday with tons of TLC... then I went home for Christmas for two weeks, the plant was dead when I came back.

Joe and I moved to our town home last June, and I started planning what to plant in the backyard, with a huge flower bed and a lilac tree. Joe, fully aware of my past experience with plants, was in cold sweat every time when I mentioned gardening. At the end of the summer, I had a mint plant in a pot that was growing crazy, a citronella plant in a pot that was super huge. We also planted a couple of hostas on the side of the house, but they are all covered in snow now, so not sure if they survived the winter or not.

In an effort to save some $$$ on the wedding flowers (last quote I got was close to $1200), Joe and I bought a lovely hydrangeas at Ikea a few weeks ago. Lovely Lovely plant in a pot (Joe has no problem of me bring potted plants into the house, but when it comes to digging up the ground, he panics.) With my continuous TLC, the plant is doing just fine... and I am keeping my finger crossed that when the weather is getting warmer and the 9 feet of snow is finally gone, I will transfer the plant from the pot to the background without Joe's knowing!

What's up with the sheep? Another long story... Joe bought me a sheep today!!! I started my own collection of Sheep about two years ago... can't remember why... BIG BROTHER is starting in 10 mins.. time is running out... will continue tomorrow...

OH...one more thing... I found out today that I have three faithful readers of my wedding blog! Joe, my mom and my future mother-in-law Sandy!!!! When I first set up this blog, it was just a web-based diary... I never did expect that someone would actually take the time to read! Now I know I have three faithful readers... I will really try my best to at least post something every other day!

No comments: