Saturday, April 24, 2010

First Date Night Part II

So Joe and I went out last night, for the first time since B was born.

Meghan and her fiance arrived at 5:30pm while I was out walking the dog.  So Joe took time to explain to them when to feed B, B's bedtime routine and dos and don'ts.  Joe and I were out of the door before 6pm.

We went to Milestones for dinner.  Since they did not take dinner reservations on Fridays, so we had a pre-dinner drink in the lounge area while waiting for our table.  I had a Wolf Blass Yellow Label (my second favorite!  My all-time favorite is Wolf Blass Grey Label, but just that I am not prepared to pay $30 for a 6oz glass of wine!)  We probably spent less than 10 mins at the lounge and our table was ready.

For appetizer, we had:

World Inspired Dips with Grilled Naan and Ciabatta Toast
I had Roasted Mushroom Soup (5 thumbs up... only if I had 5 thumbs!) and Sesame Shiitake Mushroom Sea Bass.

Joe had a Cesar Salad and Certified Angus Beef 8oz Top Sirloin with Shrimps.

One d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s. dinner! For the first time in the last 8 months, we finally had the luxury to not rush through a dinner, get to enjoy the food and the atmosphere, and most importantly of all, get to enjoy each other's company.


Throughout dinner, I only asked Joe t.w.i.c.e. if we should call home to make sure everything was ok. (and I think I did pretty good as I did not really freak out and starting crying at the restaurant!) Of course, Joe would not let me.  (We left both of our cell phone numbers with Meghan and told her to call us if anything (either major or minor) happened to B.

We got home at 9pm.  I was relieved to know that B did not have a major (not even a minor one) meltdown when Joe and I left the house.  It took her an hour to fall asleep but other than that, everything went as smooth as it could be!  
Joe and I are super glad that we have found a great babysitter for B.  Seriously, Meghan and her fiance r.o.c.k.!



 *** Joe was checking his iPhone to see if Meghan had called!

No comments: