Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Items we bought / received but we never used....

Now that B is 8 months old.... I packed away her 0-3 months and 3-6 months clothes that other day.  While I was sitting on the floor, with huge piles of clothes around me, I looked around in her room and noticed that there are items we bought / were given at the baby shower but were never used / touched!

So... here goes the list:

Itzbeen -- did not even use it once! Did not know why I bought it in the first place... must be peer pressure!


Receiving blankets -- got way too many!  The three I like the most are given to us by my coworker.  Big enough to swaddle B when she was a newborn.  I dropped the whole "swaddling" thing when B was a month old... yup... call me a bad mom!


Baby Nail Clippers -- What's wrong with using the adult one?  It works way way better!


Baby Powder -- I got 2 whole cans!  Seriously... who uses this stuff?

Johnson & Johnson products -- We received them as gifts... jumbo size of everything! The head to toe wash dries up B's skin like mad!  The Bedtime Body Wash is simply a big fat joke.  If your baby does not want to sleep at night... even if you bath her in the entire bottle of bedtime body wash won't even do a thing!  I prefer to use "all natural" body wash on B as it does not contain any chemicals and most importantly of all, the "baby scents" of the J&J products make me want to barf!

Nursing pillow -- I used it twice as a nursing pillow, then didn't use it again until B starting to sit on her own (when she was 7 months old) and used it for support for her.

Slumber bear -- this thing is a j.o.k.e. and B hates it!


Sleep Sheep -- Bought it when B was 4 months old, used it for 1.5 months.  B is a good sleeper and she does not really need a Sleep Sheep to help her to sleep.  She prefers Pachelbel's Canon in D!  My daughter is classical music baby!


Pacifiers -- B hates pacifiers.  The day she found her thumb was the day she stopped taking a soother!  Good Job Bethany! 


Graco's Sweetpeace Infant Soothing Center -- It is a complete waste of money.  B was in it for only a handful of times.  She hated it so much that she cried at the top of her lung when she was in it!  We ended up selling it and got a basic Graco Power Swing and she loves it!


Diaper Genie -- We switched B to cloth diapers when she was 8 weeks old!  So we only used the diaper genie for 8 weeks... and it has been sitting in B's room, collecting dust since!







No comments: