Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Bethany's Classes

Joe and I believe in early child development.  There are a lot of "baby classes" out there that claim to help to stimulate a baby's brain development and motor skills through music, color, objects etc.  When Bethany goes to daycare in the fall, we are pretty much at the mercy of the daycare about what types of activities Bethany is going to have.  Therefore, Joe and I really want to get Bethany to be exposed to different areas of learning for her development.   We have been to the drop in playgroup organized by the City but I find that the playgroup is not structured and I doubt B gets anything out those drop ins. Joe and I have spent quite a bit of time in researching and narrowing down to what classes we want Bethany to attend, and most importantly if she will enjoy the class.

Here is B's schedule:
Monday -- Baby Signing Time  -- I bought the Baby Signing Time 1 package (DVD, CD and flash cards) about a month ago and have been signing with B since.  Those are all basic signs: Milk, Eat, Water, Juice, Drink, More, Frog, Dog, Cat, Horse, Bird, Diaper, Hurt... etc!  All the songs are catchy and easy and I think those songs are stuck in my head! B loves watching the DVD!
http://www.signingstart.com/

Tuesday -- Kindermusik Village Program -- it comes with a take home CD and a book!  Again, those songs are very catchy and the "Hello Hello" song and "I roll the ball to you" song are stuck in my head!  Last night, I caught myself singing the "Hello Hello" song in the shower! :-)
http://www.kindermusik.com/Classes/Village.aspx

Wednesday -- Baby Sensory Playtime
www.indigogreen.com/sensoryplaytime

Thursday -- Baby Story Time

Friday -- Mommy and B both need to rest!

Saturday -- Swimming
 

Though the schedule looks packed and it is indeed, pretty packed, I enjoy taking Bethany to all these classes.  I think I enjoy the classes as much as she does!  We did a preview class of Sensory Playtime this Monday and B was so happy that she was giggling and laughing throughout the class!  When we got home, I told Joe that B enjoyed the class so much that she was waving and laughing when the parachute went over her head (apparently it is an activity that a lot of babies get mesmerized with the movement of the colors.)!  So we have registered B for Baby Sensory Playtime which starts on May 5.

No comments: