Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week 28 -- June 1 - 7, 2009

Week 28 -- June 1 - 7, 2009

This week went by really fast! Suprisingly, Joe had no meeting (Scouts or KOC) this week! :-) :-) :-)

Monday June 1
I hate hate hate Mondays! Anything that could go wrong at work ususally happen on Mondays!

Tuesday June 2
My back is killing me! I find it getting difficult to sit at my desk after 1pm! My energy level is usually at its high in the morning. By lunch time, I am just tired. By 2pm, my back is bothering me and I could barely sit still at my desk for 10 mins. I end up going for mini walks a lot in the afternoons! By 4pm, my feet are 1/2 size bigger than in the morning. By 5pm, I am 3/4 dead! Gosh... is this something that I need to tolerate until Baby Bethany is born?

Wednesday June 3
An update on Baby Bethany's Uppababy Vista!!!! Due to high demand (???), the stroller won't arrive till mid July! The store we ordered the stroller from suggested that we go with the 2008 model as they have two 2008 models in stock. They have a plum color and a black color available. Joe and I have our eyes on the 2009 model in Denny (a.k.a. red color). Also, there have been a few upgrades on the 2009 model: 1) the bassinet is made of organic materials 2) the stroller can accomodate up to 50lbs whereas the 2008 model can only accomodate up to 45 lbs and 3) the wheels for the 2009 model are slight wider and bigger. Joe and I believe in providing the best for our precious Baby Bethany (well of course, within reasonable limits), we decided to wait for the 2009 model!

I spoke to my mom tonight! I have always been close to my mom all my life. I feel that my bond with my mom is growing and strengthening as my pregnancy progresses. I talk to my mom once a week, usually for half an hour. Lately, our conversation lasts about an hour to an hour and a half! I enjoy our weekly conversation and mom knows every bits about my pregnancy and the progress of the nursery. It is funny that when I complain to my mom about the bothersome backpain and swelling feet, my mom always tells me that when I see the face of Baby Bethany, I will then forget all the discomfort I have been feeling for the last 28 weeks! Mom has lots of experiences in motherhood, and I feel that my connection with my mom has reached a different level only an expectant mom and an experienced mom can relate! I can't wait for my mom to come out in late July / early August. Joe and I are very fortunate to have my mom stay with us for a month after Baby Bethany is born!

Thursday June 4
Nothing spectacular happenend today except that my backpain was getting worse.

I painted my toenails. A job as easy as painting toenails took me a good 30 mins. Everyone warns me about painting toenails when I am in the T3, and I was like" How difficult can this be?" Well, tonight, I experienced it the very first time, and well let's just say it WAS a lot of work!

Friday June 5
Joe and I went out for dinner. We went to Foolish Chicken, a restaurant we discoverd last year! It is a cozy little restaurant that serves finger licking delicious chicken! There was some sort of a seeing eye dogs' meeting at the restaurant, and there must be at least 5 blind-doggies (well I call them blind doggies, but I guess the proper name should be seeing-eye dogs) there! I love love love dogs, and I have always wanted to foster a seeing-eye dog. I could not take my eyes of those well-behaved golden retrievers and I almost forgot how great the food was! :-)

Saturday June 6
Joe finished creating a flower bed in our front yard while I was napping on the couch! He did a great job in opening up the flower bed!!!! Can't wait for my mom to come out and see the new flower bed!

Sunday June 7
Joe and I went to the baptismal information session at St. Andrews Parish this morning. It is official that Baby Bethany will be baptized on the third Sunday in September. Joe and I strongly believe in the importance of getting Baby Bethany baptized as soon as possible, and doing it while my mom is still in town. Joe filled out the baptismal application form while I checked out all the babies and strollers in the room, and I spotted a Uppababy in the room!!!! Today was the first time that Joe wrote out our baby's full name on a piece of paper. When I look at the baby's name on the application form, all of a sudden, it hit me at that very moment that I am going to be a mom in about 8 weeks!!!!

I went for pre-natal massage in the afternoon. I have Scoliosis all my life and with the extra weight I am carrying (I have put on 20lbs so far!) is putting a lot of pressure on my back. My OB/GYN suggested that I go to pre-natal massage to help relief some of the pressure. I was a bit skeptical when I went in, but half way through the session, I felt that my back was no longer as stiff as before. By the time the session was over, I felt much lighter! I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will be have a good night sleep with sweet dreams tonight!

While I was having my pre-natal massage, Joe went and bought a hosta for the flower bed, and three hanging baskets! I knew he was going to get a hosta but little did I know that he picked out three absolutely beautiful hanging baskets for the house! Joe is a lovely husband. I must admit that he has changed a lot since I got pregnant. He has become very protective of me and Bee Bee, supportive and accomodating. I count my blessings everyday to be married to Joe! :-)

From Drop Box



From Drop Box



No comments: