Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week 30 -- June 15 - 22, 2009

Week 30 -- June 15 - 22, 2009

Monday June 15

I can't believe this week is already Week 30! I am on the home stretch!!! :-) According to those numerous pregnancy books I have read so far, some of the symptoms I had in T1 will slowly surface once again, in T3. I am lucky enough that morning sickness has not hit yet and I am keeping my fingers crossed (really really crossed) that it won't come back. However, the occasional dizziness and light headache have come back though! (long sigh!)

This is Week 2 of the reduced work schedule and I am loving it! Though my back still hurts in the afternoon, now that I am no longer confined to a 4x4 work cubicle and that I can move around as much as I want, my back does not bother me as much as it used to.

Now that I have the afternoon, I am doing more of my share in the household chores. Laundry is Joe's department but I have decided to take over as I have time now. Though I hate doing laundry, I'd rather do the laundry on a weekday afternoon than to have it all cramped into the weekend's routine tasks. Today, while having one load of laundry in the washer, I removed all the price tags of Baby Bethany's new clothes and put them all in the laundry basket. While I was sitting on the floor, with Bee Bee right beside me, removing all the price tags, I felt a sudden kick in my tummy. I could not help by smile... it seems like as if Baby Bethany was saying, "Mom Mom! Do I get to pick which outfit to wear?" It was an amazing moment and I wish that Joe was here when it happened!

Tuesday June 16

Mom's flight from Vancouver to Ottawa is booked! Yes, it is official! :-) Mom will be coming out on Aug 5 and she will stay her till Oct 3! I can't hardly wait for my mom to come out! :-) :-) :-) Nothing is better than having my mom with me during the last few weeks of my pregnancy!

Wednesday June 17

Today is Joe's birthday. I surprised him with a few gifts this morning when he woke up. One when he opened his eyes. One when he was fully awake and one when he came out of the shower! Joe is like a little kid every time when he opens a present! The expression on his face is simply priceless!

We went to Sweet Grass Aboriginal Restaurant down in the Market for Joe's birthday dinner. Joe has always wanted to go to this restaurant as he always has a craving for caribou meat. I, on the other hand, is not as adventurous as Joe when it comes to trying game / wild animals. Well, since it is Joe's birthday, I let him pick the restaurant. We were disappointed to find out that the restaurant has recently changed its menu and for the summer, they are featuring food from the south-western US so caribou meat is not on the menu. Joe settled for a clam chowder with smoked bacon and buffalo steak. For me, being less adventurous and cautious, I went with a basil tomato sweet potato soup and roasted game hen. Food turned out to be great and we both enjoyed our dinner!
Halfway through dinner, I surprised Joe with his last b-day present!
From Drop Box





No comments: