Sunday, June 14, 2009

Week 29 - June 8 - 14, 2009

Week 29 -- June 8 - 14, 2009

As pregnancy progresses, it has become a challenge for me to sit still in front of my PC and write my blog!

This week is one of those ordinary weeks that nothing spectcular happened. I went for my pre-natal check up (alone for the second time! Even the doctor asked me why Joe was not coming with me.) At the beginning of the pregnancy, Joe made a promise that he would come to every doctor appointment and every ultrasound with me as he wanted to be there to show support. About two months ago, my third ultrasound appointment was in conflict with his weekly meeting (one would have picked the wife's ultrasound appt over the weekly meeting right?) and I ended up going alone. Since then, every pre-natal appt, every ultrasound, every bloodwork, I have been going solo. I have a feeling that this is going to be the norm from now until my due date. Sometimes, I really wish that we live closer to my family and that my mom would be able to go to the appt with me. I hate walking into a room full of preggies with their husbands, while I am there by myself. I swear a few preggies had thrown me sympathetic stares as if to say, "Why are you here alone? Where is your husband? He should be here with you! I feel so sorry for you!" Lucky that I can still wear my wedding band at this point. When my hands become too swollen for anything, I will need to take off my wedding band, and I am willing to bet every penny I have in my penny jar that I will receive more sympathetic stares as other preggies would think I am a single expectant mother!

The good thing is that the GD test come back fine. Heart rate of Baby Bethany was a constant 150. I did complain to the doctor about slightly higher than tolerable level. I went for pre-natal massage last week, it felt great, though it was only a temporary relief. Without further hesitation, my doctor ordered reduced work schedule (5 hrs per day from 7:30am to 12:30pm)!

Joe's birthday presents were wrapped and stashed away in the closet. He wanted to go to this weird aboriginal restaurant on his birthday. I simply do not know if caribou meat or any other "unheard-of" food would sit well with my stomach. Oh well, he is the birthday boy... I guess I will need to make a dinner reservation for two next Wed June 17! While I am typing... I am quickly devising a backup plan so that I do not need to stomach anything from the restuarant! (a.k.a. chinese takeout on our way home!)

Joe and I met with our friend Genevieve on Saturday to discuss the upcoming maternity session in mid July. We met Genenvieve at the social club at Blessed Sacrament Church. Genevieve is a very inspiring photographer. We have both seen her work and we must say that she is gifted in photography!


No comments: