Monday, March 30, 2009

Week 19 -- March 30 - April 5, 2009

Week 19 -- March 30 - April 5, 2009

Monday March 30
Start of the week.... hope this is going to be one of those weeks that will fly by fast!
Went for bloodwork this morning, will know the results next week when I go for the pre-natal checkup.

Tuesday March 31
The insurance guy from KOC came to our house tonight. This guy, Jamie L, is much better than Sunny S (the last insurance guy with the KOC before Joe transferred to a different council). Jamie is good, and the most imporatant of all, he is not pushy at all. On the other hand, Sunny is more like a use-car salesman! Anyway, we are getting life insurance of the baby. Policy will be written up 15 days after the baby is born!

Wednesday April 1
Joe had an interview with Patti Milan, the area commissioner for the nepean area. Joe has been pretty active with the scouts this past year, and for this upcoming year, he is going to be group commissoner with the 25th Nepean Scout Group. Between the KOC and the Scouts, I hardly see Joe these days. At this point, I am still ok, but things will change when I become cumbersome later on in the pregnancy. I really wish that he will cut back on his involvement with the Scouts (in the meantime, I support him 200% with his involvement with KOC as his council is struggling to keep enough members!) and spend more time with me now, and then with the baby in the fall. Well, one can only wish right?

I am an official Avon Sales Representative! I have never thought about becoming an Avon Rep until recently. I love Skin So Soft! And for $20 I got myself signed up as a rep and I can order products for myself! Ha! No need to go through another pushy sales representative! I also got my very first customer, she is the wife of a Knight!

Thursday April 1
I have been having some weird sensations in my tummy. I am not sure if that is what people called "Gas Bubbles", a.k.a. fetal movements. It feels just funny! I tried to google "first fetal movement" and all it says is it feels like gas bubbles. Ok, seriously, what are gas bubbles????

I can't believe I have been waiting for a week to watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice... only to find out that they were both re-runs! :-( This is just not fair at all!

Friday April 2
I did not feel too well today at work. Weird sensations in the tummy and also some mild discomfort. Joe and I left work a bit early so that I could go home and put my feet up.

Annette is making a Christening gown for the baby! She showed me pictures of the pattern... and both Joe and I love the design! Annette is a fast knitter, and I am sure by the time I post this weekly update blog, she would have then finished the gown!

Joe went for Scouts' training tonight, and I was again, home alone with bee bee! In the past, before I got pregnant, I sort of enjoyed having the house all by myself. Lately, I have developed a mild insecurity feeling everytime Joe leaves me alone in the house. What if something happen to me? Who is going to drive me to the hospital? Gosh, I really hope that we have families in Ottawa!

Saturday April 4
I drove Joe to his training this morning in Manotick. I then went to pick up a few nursing bras for myself. When I did the bra measurement online this morning, I was astonished to find out that I have silently moved from a 36A (pre-pregnancy) to a 38C. When I went to Thyme Maternity this afternoon for a bra fitting, I was even more surprised to find out that I am a proud "40C"! Mom already warned me that I will probably go up one size towards the end of the pregnancy. I bought one bra at Thyme Maternity (gosh, they are not even close to "sexy" at all, but I must say they are functional!) as they are not cheap at all! While I was at Thyme Maternity, I also picked up a few t-shirts that are 70% off! I can't wait for the spring/summer merchandises to come in!
We stayed in for dinner tonight... I made "The Way We Stir" -- Sirloin steak stirfry!

Sunday April 5
We missed Church this morning as Joe was doing laundry and totally forgot about the time... while I was sitting in the car, waiting for him.
We went out to Kanata for dim sum (well Joe suggested we tried out a new chinese place, Hong Chow) Unfortunately, they do not serve dim sum only buffet! Well, we tried it and it was not good at all.
In the afternoon, we went for a baby's show at the Kanata Holiday Inn Select.

... My almost 20 weeks belly pic...!

From Drop Box

No comments: