Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week 16 March 9 - 15

Now that the baby is healthy, and we have weathered out the storm. Our life is once again, back to normal! What a great relief.

I know that Joe's mom and his sister Carla have not e-mailed Joe once after the incident. I also know that Joe feels hurt. He keeps it to himself very well, but being his wife, I simply know that he is hurting inside. I wrote him another letter to send him support and courage and I am sure, this will soon be water under the bridge.

As I am now officially in the second trimester, morning sickeness is gone! I am soooo glad! It seems that my life is gradually getting back to normal and my energy has also picked up a bit.

Joe and I signed up for a pre-natal class organized by the City of Ottawa. It is a 6-week course (that only costs us $36!). Although the nurse is not too organized, her handouts are very informative! Joe and I especially like the fact that we can interact with other expectant parents!

Monday: We made our very first baby's purchase! A convertible baby crib from Costco! We paid $640. We had been to Toysrus twice to look at cribs. I found one with Mom in Vancouver, but Joe thinks that it is not sturdy enough. Then we saw one at Costco, and being Costco's employees, we know the quality has to be top-of-the-line or Costco won't be bringing the item in. We quicky made the deicison to buy the crib. Unfortunately, our car is not big enough to fit the crib (it comes in three big boxes). With Joe's friend's help, we finally brought the cirb home. My parents gave us red packets for Chinese New Year... and we used the money towards buying this crib! Thanks Gong Gong and Pao Pao for the crib!

From Drop Box



Tuesday: Nothing much happened today except that we picked up the baby's crib mattress at costco! We paid $49.99 plus tax. The exact same mattress is selling for $89.99 at Toysrus!

Friday: Joe and I went out for Vietnamese Pho in our neighbourhood. We ran into Joe's friends, Mark Kelly and his family. Mark and his wife have just had a baby boy. He looked so cute in the baby carrier! Ok.. now I need a bunting bag! (something to put on top of the carseat when the weather is cold!)

Saturday: It was a fun-filled day! Annette and I went shopping for baby's clothes. We went to Boomerang Kids -- a well-known and well-established consignment store in Ottawa. We went to the one on Bank Street, the one in Westboro and the one in Kanata. While we were out shopping, the husbands (Joe and Barry) helped out with a Parish Food Drive. We met up for lunch at Broadway. After lunch, Annette and I went to Wal-mart and she showed me the baby's department! I bought Pampers' New Born Diaper as it was on sale. $11.99 for a bag of 40 diapers!

Sunday: Joe and I went to Church in the morning. The priest delivered a beautiful yet poweful homily. A homily that I could really relate to what happened two weeks ago. Words are powerful; if used incorrectly, could cause irrevocable damage to people around us. After chruch, Joe went for a haircut, and then we drove out to Boomerang Kids in Kanata to pick up a baby's swing that I put a hold on! I saw it the day before with Annette, but silly me that I could not make up my mind then. Anyway, we got it! It is a Graco's Sweetpeace Soothing System for Infant. Toysrus sells it for $289.99!
This soothing system cost at least double than a regular swing. Being the Queen of Google, I read tons of positive reviews about this system. This soothing system is designed to stimulate the comfort of the womb with customized touch, sound, sights and movement.
From Drop Box



Carl and Sandy called Sunday afternoon when I was napping. They were in Florida for a week and got home Saturday night. Joe told me that they are buying the baby a stroller! Thanks Grandpa Carl and Grandma Sandy for the gift!






No comments: