Saturday, April 11, 2009

Week 20 -- April 6 - April 12, 2009

Week 20 -- April 6 - 12, 2009

I have reached the halfway mark in Pregnancy! Yay! Knowing that Joe and I will finally meet the little bundle in 20 weeks really excites me. :-)

Monday April 6
Went to the GP this afternoon. I have been having weird sensations in my tummy since last Thursday. Joe kept telling me that it is the fetal movement. I googled fetal movments the other day, and all I got was "gas bubbles", " flutters" or "butterflies" which did not really mean much to me. Just to be on the safe side, I called my GP office (as my OB-GYN was on holiday till this Thursday). When I told my GP my concern, he smiled and nodded, " Yes Louisa... those are baby kicks. They will get more obvious once you hit 24 weeks!"
Heartbeat: 151 (I knew the baby is going to be a girl... it is mother's instincts!)

Tuesday April 7
Dealt with department drama at work. Knowing that I will be out of the department in 4 months. I could help but laugh at those silly power struggles in my department. Russ, the new buyer in training is totally useless. He spends all day, pretending he is busy, while everyone knows that he has nothing to do. I wonder how he got the promotion last July!

Wednesday April 8
Today is the big day! Ultrasound at 9am. I managed to get a lot of my friends to "think pink and dream pink" for me. I even used the gender predictor on the internet (I know this sounds silly!) and all I needed to type in was my conception age and the due date (well just the month) for the baby. I went to two different websites and they both says I am going to have a girl! Also the heartbeat is an old-wives tale too. If heartbeat is under 140, it is going to be a boy. Anything higher than 140 will be a girl.
1st ultrasound: when I was 12 weeks -- Mid Feb, heartrate was 161
1st OB/GYN: when I was 15 weeks -- Early March, heartrate was 155
GP appt on April 6, heartrate was 150
-- are these not signs that that little bundle will be a girl???? I kept telling Joe that we are going to have a girl. He just laughed and told me relax, as he is both content with a boy or a girl.
So... Ultrasound lasted for 30 mins. Baby was not cooperating. "She" was lying on her stomach, against the spine. All we could see was the back of her little head. The technician kept poking at the tummy so that the baby would turn around. I am sure this baby is going to be a pretty stubborn one... after being poked for like 10 mins (when I almost pee'ed my pants), she finaly turned a bit, just enough for the technician to see that she is a girl!!!!!
The technician said, "It is a girl!"
I said, "How sure are you??????"
Joe was silent.
The technician then replied, " I am 95% sure it is a girl!"

Ha!!!! I have known since day 1 that it is going to be a girl!!! A huge thanks for all my friends, especially Annette for thinking Pink and dreaming Pink for the last 4 weeks!!!!

I am sooooo happy that Joe can finally return that "Jesus's picture" to his mother finally. What a relief to know that the picture will diappear in our lives shortly! When Joe and I first started dating, we went to Saint John for Easter. The "Mother Mary and Baby Jesus's picture" has been in Joe's possession for a long time. His mom told him (right at my face) that Joe can keep the picture as long as he has a son, and if he does not, he will need to surrender the picture as his mom wants to give it to Cody (the only grandson she had at that time). It was a very insensitive comment of his mom. Who on earth would say such thing like that in front of your son's girlfriend? She does not even know the basic, proper social etiquette! I told Joe later that I really disliked the comment that his mom made. He told me that his mom is known for making comments without really thinking, and thus upsetting a lot of people, both friends and families.
As much as it is sad that Joe's mom means nothing to me and the baby, it is reality. Joe and I have been through a lot last month. Joe finally told me last week his mom is far removed from our lives and the only way to have sanity in our lives is to pretend she does not exist. I know it took a long time for Joe to come up with this conclusion. As much as Joe wants to deny it, but I think he has finally relalized the extent of damage his mom has done to our marriage and that he has made a decision to draw a line with his mother. I have never understood the relationship between Joe and his mom, but I always suspect that manipulation and controlling are the two elements in that relationship.

From Drop Box

Thursday April 9
OB / GYN appt at 2:30pm. Everything went fine.
Heartbeat of the baby: 151 / 145 / 150 -- the little bundle was moving around again.
I drove Joe back to the office after the appt while I took the rest of the day off.
We went to prenatal class from 6:30pm - 8:30pm. Ok, the nurse was boring everyone that one expectant mom almost fell asleep.

Friday April 10
Good Friday.... I made breakfast in the morning. Though Catholics are supposed to fast on Good Friday. But I am not eating for two and even if I don't eat, baby needs to eat right?
We went to mass at 12noon at SEAS and gosh it was long one. The hall was packed and I had trouble breathing. I suspected the guy sat beside me must have put an entire tub of fabirc softener in his laundry. The scent was awful!
We went for Dairy Queen after mass. During my first trimester, I was not able to have any icecream. I usually threw up after I had an icecream, it was horrifying. Yesterday was the first time I had icecream since I got pregnant.

--- to be contintued----

No comments: