Saturday, November 1, 2008

House Cleaning


Today, two days before my birthday... I decided to do a major house-cleaning. By major, I mean "serious" house cleaning. I dusted, scrubbed, mopped and vaccumed the entire house. Ok, it might sound a bit weird, but I enjoy cleaning. My mom always says, "A clean house is a happy house." I am very meticulous when it comes to cleaning, and this drives Joe nuts. On the other hand, Joe's idea of cleaning is "surface cleaning" which also drives me nuts. When we moved into our new home last year, Joe and I made an agreement that cleaning and cooking is my department(s), while laundry, ironing, lawning mowing and snow shovelling is his department(s).

This afternoon, I was standing on top of the kitchen counter, attempting to wipe down the top of the kitchen cabinets. Joe walked into the kitchen and he saw me, he said," What are you doing? If you are doing all these, why do we still need a house cleaning lady?" While I was still standing on top of the kitchen counter, I thought about the question. Seriously, why do I need someone to clean my house when I am doing it myself?

No comments: