Sunday, November 16, 2008

I now pronouce you husband and wife...





Six months ago today (May 17,2008), Joe and I were married! On a day with lots of sun and tulips blooming everywhere, we got married at Blessed Sacrament Church. With Father Joe's blessings, we became husband and wife!

The last six months had gone by fast. We went through two surgeries, deaths of a dear friend (Joe's side) and a family member (my side). On the positive side, Joe had a well-deserved promotion at work, and my bond with my mother-in-law, Sandy has strengthened throughout time.

We are often asked by friends if married life is any different. Yes, it is different. Joe and I have learned more about each other. Everyday is an opportunity for us to learn something new about each other. Now that the wedding planning was behind us, we finally have time, once again to do fun stuff. We went to Merrickville for a day in October, and spent a day in Perth a few weeks ago. Joe has become a Venturer Advisor and a Recorder with the Knights of Columbus. For me, I have picked up knitting once again and will be joining the church choir in the new year.

Last night, I went through all the wedding cards and wishes we received from friends and families on our wedding day. The one I like the most is from my parents. My parents worte,

" A Special Blessing for both of you with wishes that you will stay happy and as much in love as on your wedding day!"

I thank my husband, Joe, for making me laugh all the time, for loving my dog Bee Bee as much as I do, for taking good care of me when I had the surgery in July, and for putting up with my meticulous house-cleaning habits.

I thank my parents for making a fairy-tale wedding come true, for accepting Joe and loving him as a son, for providing guidance, support and love to both of us, for rendering their patience when I need to speak Cantonese for hours, and for just being there when I need the mother-daughter bond or father-daughter bond!

I thank my in-laws, Carl and Sandy for welcoming and accepting me into their family with open arms. I thank them for their words of encouragement and comfort when my grandmother passed away in August.

No comments: