Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A walk along the canal...

Last Sunday, Joe and I took Bethany for a walk along the canal. Prior to Bethany having her first set of shots, we were under straight doctor's orders to keep Bethany at home as much as we can. She received her shots about a week ago, so Joe and I decided to take her out for a walk... and enjoy her first fall in Ottawa.
We parked the car at the Experimental Farm, and started our walk at Dow's Lake, and slowly made our way downtown. Joe and I used to live by Dow's Lake, and we often took long walks along the canal in the evenings. The last time we took a stroll along the canal was almost two years ago; we were engaged to get married and we took the little pooch Bee Bee with us for the walk. Two years later, Joe and I are happily married and we were strolling with our daughter Bethany, sleeping soundly in her stroller.
We walked causally for about two hours and then we stopped by at Canal Ritz for lunch. When the food arrived, Bethany woke up... just when Mommy was hungry, the little precious one was also hungry. So, for the very first time, I changed her diaper in a public washroom (and it is not as scary and complicated as I thought!). Joe then fed her and she was a good girl! Eating out at a restaurant with an infant often attracts a lot of attention. A few restaurant patrons came by our table and looked at Bethany, and told us how pretty she is!
After lunch, we made our way back to our car by cutting through the Glebe. We walked by the church we got married in, and I thought to myself, "This is where all the joy and excitement in our life began."
It was a great afternoon and we sure enjoyed the walk! Being a stay home mom and the outbreak of H1N1, Bethany and I do not get to go out very often (other than going to church on Sundays!) so this afternoon stroll was a treat to me! :-)

No comments: