Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Poppa Barry & Nana Annette

For the longest time, I could not seem to figure out how Bethany should address her god-parents Barry and Annette. Joe suggested Uncle Barry and Auntie Annette. It is ok but it sounds weird to me... and there is no closeness when addressing Barry and Annette as uncle and auntie as they have "adopted" us into their family here in Ottawa. With no family in Ottawa, this means a lot to Joe and me.

So, starting today, Bethany has:
In Ottawa:
Barry as Poppa and Annette as Nana.

In Vancouver:
My mom as Pau Pau and my dad as Gong Gong

In Saint John:
Joe's mom as Nana, Joe's dad as Gogee(?), a word that Joe's niece Kaytlin made up when she was young, and my mother-in law as Grandma.

All in all, Bethany is a very fortunate baby who is well-loved by her grandparents and god-parents!

No comments: