Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Diary of a Cooking Challenged Part X

Just for the Salmon*

* This dish I made last night was adapted from Crazy Plates' Just for the Halibut. Due to the snowy condition, I did not go to the grocery store to pick up halibut and zucchini, so I had to make do with salmon and red bell pepper.

From Drop Box


Ingredients:
1 tsp EVOO
1 cup diced zucchini* (I had no zucchini so I used red bell pepper instead)
1/2 cup minced onions
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
4 halibut steaks* (I had no halibut steaks, so I used salmon fillets instead)
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled

Heat EVOO in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add red pepper, onions and garlic. Saute for 6 mins until onions turned brown. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.

Rinse salmon fillet and pat dry with paper towels. Spray a medium baking pan with PAM and place fish in pan. Spoon 1/4 tomato-pepper mixture over each fillet. Top with feta cheese.

Bake at 450F for 12-15 mins (I baked for 20 mins, and the salmon fillets came out nicely done!)

No comments: