Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bethany's First Words...

Bethany has been babbling since she was 7 months old.  Most of the babbling did not really mean anything. It is a way for Bethany to express herself or simply just for her to hear herself.  When she was about 4 months old, she "screamed" everyday just to hear her own voice.  It took her quite a long way to come from screaming to babbling, and there was one point I was secretly worried that my daughter will grow up to be a screamer!


Last Thursday, while I was out at the dentist, Bethany babbled her very first words " Da Da" to Joe!  I am a bit sad that I was not there when Bethany did that! The next day, while I was changing her diaper, Bethany babbled "Da Da" again.  I then said to her " Hey little one, Da Da is at work!".  Then she "da da" at the dog, at her singing cow, at her sophie and at her toys!  She pretty much "da da" at everything and all day long!  It was just so cute!


This morning when we had breakfast, Bethany babbled " Hey Da... d"!


My daughter is sure growing up fast!

1 comment:

Marquelle said...

Planning to teach her Chinese?

Or French?


Marquelle
Vancouver