Thursday, July 10, 2008

Resting at Home...




I can't believe it has almost been a month since the last time I wrote something.

Went into surgery on Monday at Civic Hospital. It was an over-due operation which should have had happened at least 6 months ago. With the wedding planning and stuff, I gave myself a great excuse to postpone this surgery. This is the second surgery I went through in the last 6 years. Last surgery was a major one, and I was off work for 6 weeks. This time, the procedure was less evasive, and I will be returning to work in two weeks.

In an effort to stay positive, I tend to think of this two-week recovery time as my summer vacation. I begin to wonder... why was the last time I had taken time off in the summer? Hmm... Summer of 1998 when I graduated from UBC and I managed to swing two months off before starting my first job.

No comments: