Thursday, July 17, 2008

Love Promise



Yet another day at home recuperating from the surgery. I am so glad that the recuperation period is almost at its end and I can't wait to get back to work next Monday.

This morning, I was going through the wedding stuff which has been crowding out the basement since after the wedding, and I found Joe's Love Promise to me.

In the Chinese culture, it is customary to have the door-game challenges and the tea ceremony on the wedding day. At the end of the door-game challenges, it is also customary that the groom has to present his love promise to the bride (while she is waiting patiently in the bedroom) and her family prior to seeing the bride.

Here is the Love Promise that Joe gave me on our wedding day:

"I, Joe Vautour, promise to worship Louisa forever and ever. I promise that I will kiss on the ground she walks on. I promise to put Louisa first over anything and everything. I promise not to rush her when she is changing 10 outfits before heading out of the door every morning. I promise to keep my mouth shut when she is buying the 100th pair of shoes. I will wait patiently and smile at her and compliment her on her good taste on shoes. Everyday, I will make her a cup of Starbucks' coffee (only Starbucks and nothing else) when she wakes up. When she wants to talk a little before going to sleep, I will listen to her whole-heartedly and tell her what she says is music to my ears. Louisa, you mean the world to me and I cannot live without you."

... Today has marked our two-month wedding anniversary! :-)

No comments: