Saturday, September 22, 2007

Flower Girl Dress

Woke up in cold sweat this morning... (well I did not go to bed till 2am this morning and then needed to drive Joe to work at 7:30pm... so did not get much sleep anyway)
With the wedding less than 8 months away, I am starting to panick about a lot of stuff. Though FH and I have gotten the major tasks done (church booked, reception hall booked, flower supply booked, wedding invites printed, cake ordered, wine made, wedding gown made... etc) I have started to freak out on stationary this week. Monogram is done, and now need to work on menu, table number and programs. On top of that, I have not heard anything on the progress of the flower girl dress. There is a story behind the FG's dress... The theme color of the wedding is VENDALA (pale yellow with a hint of green), and FH's family went shopping for the FG dress (I had sent them some pictures of the dress that I like, and I would have assumed that the dress color would be very similar to the theme color... and I almost fainted when I saw picture of the dress they bought! The dress is CHAMPAGNE, and with BIG PUFFS on the shoulders!!!! Needless to say, FH had to tell his sister to return the dress.
I am a picky person and pefectionism is in my blood. and I like things to be done certain way (mostly my way), and fatal surprises do not work well with me.
Back to the FG's dress... after FH and I ruled out the CHAMPAGNE PUFFY FG dress, we suggested FH's sister to try e-Bay due to her budget constraints. We found a FG dress at a very reasonable price on e-Bay and had forwarded the picture and info to FH's sister. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she had bought the dress cuz' I am not sure how long the item is posted on e-Bay. If the dress is sold out, then we will need to go to PLAN B... problem is... I do not have a PLAN B! Well.. worse case scenario.. we will go with only the ring bearer and no flower girl for the wedding! Wait a second... is it ok to have a backup flower girl???? I do have someone in mind already!!!!

No comments: