Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bethany's First Plane Ride

We have been planning this trip to Vancouver for almost 4 months.  Traveling with a 10-month -old is a challenge. Packing means "fitting everything Miss B needs in a suitcase or two!"  Traveling "light" does not appear in my mommy-dictionary.  On board entertainment means singing lullaby repeatedly for "I-have-lost-track-of-how-many-times" on the plane to keep Miss B amused and entertained.


We were on the 7am direct flight from Ottawa to Vancouver.  Miss B had to wake up two hours earlier than usual.  I thought she would be cranky and would have a meltdown, surprisingly, she fussed for less than 5 mins when I woke her.  After her uber early breakfast, she was all happy!  We left the house at 5:30am and arrived at the airport at 5:45am.  Check in at the Executive Class counter was a breeze.  We were allowed to gate check our Uppa Vista (and I was relieved as I did not need to worry that the stroller would be damaged!). Going through Security was a also easy-peasy!  They did not ask me to empty my diaper bag, which contains two outfits of Miss B, one pack of Mum-Mum, a container with formula for two feedings, two bottles with pre-measured water, numerous disposable diapers, sunblock, hand-sanitizer, diaper cream, numerous teething toys for Miss B... and many more stuff!  (I find that my diaper bag is a treasure box these days....)


Pre-boarding was not as difficult as I expected.  An Air Canada staff offered to carry the stroller and my diaper all the way to the cabin for me.  I had Miss B in the Ergo so folding the stroller was easy.  

The Executive Class was not full, so Miss B ended up having her own seat -- Seat 1A!  She was such a good girl that everyone in the executive class adored her and took turn waving at her! :-)


Miss B had two naps on the plane.  One was shortly after the plane took off, so I managed to enjoy the breakfast while she was sleeping sideway on my laps.  The other nap was when the plane went through some turbulence, and she had an hour nap and I managed to enjoy two episodes of Two and A Half Men!


I am surprised and at the same time, amazed that Miss B did so well on her very first plane ride!


Seat 1A AC 163

No comments: