Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cooking...

Believe it or not, I tend to cook very well under pressure. I usually cook without a recipe... more like mix and match.

Lately, I found myself spending a lot of time reading a copy of Crazy Plates which I bought it in 2001, before moving out to Ottawa. I know this sounds dorky, but I find that trying a new recipe makes me calm and it takes my mind off on the things that bother me.

Tonight I tried out a new recipe from Crazy Plates and Joe loves the dish!

Marla's Maple Pork
(rosed pork tenderloin drizzled with a zesty maple and orange sauce)

1-1/2 lbs pork tenderloin (I used bnls pork chops as there are tons in the deep freezer!)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp each reduced-sodium soy sauce and ketchup
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tsp grated orange zest
1-1/2 tsp each curry powder and ground coriander
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced

trim pork of all visible fat. Place pork in a large, heavy duty resealable plastic bag. Whisk together all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Pour over pork in bag. Seal bag and allow pork to marinated in refrigerator for 1 hour.

transfer pork and marinade to a small roasting pan or baking dish. Roast, uncovered at 350 for 40 mins.

Let pork stand for 10 mins before slicing (I skipped this part as I used pork chops). Slice thinly Drizzle extra sauce over pork.

I make wild rice to go with the pork... what a yummy dish!

1 comment:

Joe Vautour said...

This is a good recipie!