Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 3 -- Mont Tremblant

Today was the last day at Mont Tremblant.  With Miss B's schedule, we were pretty much up and ready to go at 7:30am!  We headed down to the hotel restaurant for a quick breakfast, finished packing, and we said good bye to Mont Tremblant at 9:15am.

Our plan for the day was to visit Parc Omega.  It is half way between Mont Tremblant and Ottawa.  I read a bit about Parc Omega before the visit, and we brought with us a huge bag of carrots (to feed the deer and moose) and apples (to feed the bear).

We spent a few minutes at the Maison du Parc (Park House) for taking pictures, reading the map given to us at the ticket office, and of course, bathroom breaks. (Now that Miss B is 100% potty trained, my diaper bag has shrunk to 1/2 of what it used to be.  We do need to stop bathroom breaks quite often during our trip.)






I volunteered to be the driver through the park, but quickly changed my mind as I got pretty freaked out when our car was blocked by two "welcoming" moose. 


Joe and I switched places, and he became the driver and I sat with Miss B at the back.  She was scared at the beginning, and I had to hold her hands.  

Me: Bethany, if you are scared, squeeze mommy's hand ok?

Miss B:  Ok mommy! I squeeze! (and she pretty much squeezed my hand most of the time!)

I was not brave enough to roll down the window and feed the deer.  So Joe was our "designated" feeder!






About 1.5 hrs later, we arrived at the beginning of a hiking trail where we are "safe" to get out of the car and walked around. Of course, first order of business was bathroom break for Miss B.  We then rented a golf cart (yes a golf cart) and drove to the Old Farm.








Miss B loves the pigs!  She developed her "love" for the pigs when we took her to the Experimental Farm in Easter, and she has been talking about the pigs (specifically "stinky pigs") ever since!

After the short visit to the Old Farm, we hopped back onto the golf cart, and drove back to the trail entrance.

I finally worked out the courage to feed a deer! :-)


We drove back to the Maison du Parc and had our picnic lunch there!







After a healthy lunch, we walked around the Maison du Parc and took a few more pictures and then headed home!

We spent in total about 4.5 hours at Parc Omega, and it was a fun day trip for us!




No comments: