Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where was I the last 6 months?

I can't believe the last time I blogged was almost 6 months ago! Seriously, where was I?

My maternity leave ended in mid August, and I took two weeks vacation right after my maternity leave, so I went back to work, full time, the second week in September.  Transitioning from a full-time mom to a full-time working mom was beyond challenging in the first little while.  I was gone from my job for 13.5 months so I was pretty "lost" the first two weeks when I returned to my old position. 

For the first month of so, there were days that I was sitting at my desk, working on reports, while questioning myself repeated if I should stay home with my child?  There were also days that I was fighting the urge to call the daycare provider and asked if Bethany drank her milk in the morning, had cheese and crackers for lunch, napped in the morning or got along well with other kids at the daycare.  I was lost in my identity... the concept of "working-mom" was so foreign to me!


No comments: