Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A New Beginning


I have been meaning to start writing my blog as soon as the wedding was over. BUT... with the numerous thank you cards to write, 600+ pictures to be loaded on photobucket.com, tons of wedding presents to open, quite a few items to be posted on usedottawa.com for sale... it is hard to find time to do it.

For those of you who are interested to take a look at the pics on the wedding day. Here is the link:
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff99/louisaandjoewedding/
Pre-wedding pics, door game challenges pics, tea ceremony pics, church cermony pics, pics at Dow's Lake, pics at Chateau Laurier have been uploaded. The wedding reception pics are still missing. Our photographers took over 600 pics for us, and I want to arrange all the pictures in a way that they follow the sequence of events. Call me anal... but that's the way I like things to be done.


Our family members arrived in a flock and also left in a flock. Joe's family arrived the thursday prior to the wedding, my dad and my lovely sister also arrived on thursday. Joe's family left the day after the wedding. I was fortunate that my family stayed till Tuesday after the wedding, at least Joe and I were able to spend some time with them before my parents flew back home (Vancouver) and my sister flew back home (Hong Kong).


Joe and I went to Niagara on the Lake for our honeymoon. It is not our official honeymoon... we are planning on a cruise vacation next May (10 days at the Carribean!) We spent a few days at the winery region to unwind and relax. We went to the Falls, rode on the Maid of the Mist and managed to ourselves soaking wet (seriously from head to toe). We went to Cliffton Hill (too tacky and cheesy for us... and we did have a nice lunch at the Rainforest Cafe). We went to the Butterfly Conservatory. Joe loves it and for me... a terrifying experience. I hate butterfly... I do not mind looking at them through a glass window. But going into a observation room and having the butterflies flying in front of the face was a horrifying experience to me! Before we went to the conservatory, I kept Joe that I did not want to go in... but he thought I was joking. As soon as I walked into the observation room, it did not take Joe long enough to realize that I was not joking. I was hyperventilating and seriously, had I stayed there a few minutes longer, I would have passed out. I must say that was the worst part of the trip. Joe did learn a good lesson that he is not to take my phobia(s) lightly.



1 comment:

Brian said...

Thanks for the photos and the blog updates!