Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine's Day


Joe proposed on Valentine's Day last year, so this year's Valentine's day has dual meaning to us. The week prior to Valentine's Day, I had been bugging Joe to tell me what he had planned. All he told me is that it would be a surprise, and that I would be very impressed.
The day started off with him getting me two dozens of long stem roses. 1 dozen of red roses and 1 dozen of vendella roses. I love vendella roses, and it is actually the offical flower at the wedding! He even took them time to arrange them in a vase and then brought them to my desk at work! So, when I came back to my desk after my coffee break, I saw this huge vase and lots of flowers in it!
Joe made a dinner reservation "somewhere in Downtown, with underground parking" at 6:30pm, so when we got home from work, I was busy figuring out what to wear. Not knowing exactly where we were going, it was hard for me to pick an outfit! I was debating between my one piece black cocktail dress (well, every gal has to have a black sexy cocktail dress right) or a halter top with pants. Finally, I went with my classic cocktail dress! Then Joe gave me the second surprise... He said " I love you" in Chinese!!! OMG! That was SUPER IMPRESSIVE!!!!! :-)
So exactly where did he take me for dinner? Baton Rouge in Downtown! It is one of my many favourite restaurants and I was very impressed that Joe picked this restaurant! After we ordered, we then exchanged gifts!
I put together a photo album (www.mypubisher.com) for Joe. The album contains all pics we took together plus the engagement pics! I started working on this since the beginning of January, and it was hard to do it at home while Joe was there. I did stayed up a few nights to get it organized! When Joe opened this gift, he thought it was a picture frame with one of our engagement pic in it, then he realized it is a photo album! His face lit up when he turned the page, and he was completely blown away and had tears in his eyes!
What did Joe got me? He picked up a nice cherry wood jewlery box at the sample sale at work. So I knew that was my present. Little did I know that there was more to it. When I opened the jewlry box, I found tons of Lindt's chocolate hearts, with a CD " From The Heart 2008" and also... a two tone gold necklace with diamond! I was so surprised and was completely speechless! I did not expect that Joe went all the way to pamper me! He told me that not only it was just Valentine's Day, and it was also our engagement anniversary! It was a great night and both of us had a great time!

No comments: